The Shabbat Society
I founded the Shabbat Society to bring global peace and serenity through personal and communal gatherings of NYC's most diverse and talented young Jews.
The Shabbat Society's name denotes our two main aims:
- To create and grow a society of diverse, talented young people of NYC around Shabbat and the Shabbat dinner experience.
- To impact our larger society with the ethos and vision of Shabbat - peace and serenity for all peoples everywhere.
Shabbat + Society + Tech in the Media:
- NYT: Steve Jobs Was a Low-Tech Parent
- WSJ: Read Slowly to Benefit Your Brain and Cut Stress
- FastCo: The Creative Benefits of Taking "Mini-Sabbaticals" From All Your Various Screens
- NYT: Hit the Reset Button in Your Brain
- NYT: Creating Sabbath Peace Amid the Noise
- NYT: Bring Back the Sabbath
- NYT: And on the Sabbath, the iPhones Shall Rest